Saturday, April 20, 2013


Happy Friday! 

It has been quite a week. It has been quite a day. Part of me is relieved for the folks in Boston who can hopefully sleep better tonight. I am glad the accused man is receiving medical care.  He is so young and I pray that somehow and someway if he is guilty of these horrible crimes that he will be given the chance to seek forgiveness and find peace in his soul. I commend our president in his brief message tonight as he lifted up all of the emergency personnel and the people of Boston and Watertown for their bravery and willingness to remain at home and out of harms way.  I am also very glad that he spoke to the folks in West, Texas, to remind them that they are not forgotten and resources will be coming to them soon.  Both of these towns are in mourning and their lives will never be the same.

Prayer: Holy, Holy, Holy Lord, God of power and might, tonight there are so many in need to be blanketed by Your healing grace, comfort and peace. Help those who were injured to be healed and restored to wellness. Help those who lost loved ones to know that You are with them and understand their grief and that You will be with them. Help each of us to practice looking to You for everything. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

“The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.”

Psalm 147: 11

My meditation tonight begins with these words, “Put your hope in My unfailing love.”  At this moment we have been witness to unspeakable failures.  We waited as news of these recent events come to us through hours of newscasts and “tweets” sent out by police and government officials.  These events have been so emotionally heart wrenching that the idea of unfailing love is a radical concept.  In this world there is no real model for unfailing love. That is why we find the model of unfailing love in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

I like to believe that I act in unconditional love to my family and friends, but even though I am devoted to my family and love my friends dearly I am sure there are times I let them down.  The good news is the love of God never fails because God is the infinitely perfect God. When God poured life into the human Jesus and gave Him human understanding and empathy, Jesus’ compassion never failed. God delights in those who place their hope in Him and in His unfailing love.

Take joy in the journey even when it is difficult and rest assured that hope does not disappoint.  Wear comfortable shoes, give thanks with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: