Sunday, February 3, 2013


Happy Groundhog Day and happy Saturday! 

I finished the first of my two papers due on Tuesday. I still have a book to read before I can write so please offer a prayer for me to be able to read quickly because I am not a fast reader. Also please pray for Bruce. He has a really rough upper respiratory issue with sore throat. He is kind of miserable.

Prayer: Lord, today your granted me mercy, strength and a bit of inspiration to write a reflection paper for which I thank You. The greatest blessing of my life is You, Lord. To say thank You seems so trite, and yet it is all I have to say and all I have to give. Open my eyes to truth, and give me courage to follow You faithfully. I desperately want Your best and not a cheap substitute. Give me the grace to see You at work today. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

“No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.”
John 15: 15

The difference between a servant and a friend is that a servant does what the master says out of duty. A servant does not get to hear the inside information or receive a blessing from the master. But a friend shares a relationship. Instead of a one-sided obligation, friendship is based on sharing and blessing. Friendship is founded on love, not duty.

Jesus calls us friends. Yes, we are servants of God by choice, but our service to Him is out of an expression of our love for Him. We have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Jesus loves us and knows our needs. Because Jesus is the master and He has called us friends, we can continue to serve in spite of any obstacle. Because of Jesus’ love and friendship for us we willingly serve others in His name.

Let us remember to thank God for everything He has taught us. We don’t deserve the blessings we have received but how gladly we have received them. I am thankful that God has called me into this journey of ministry, but I am also glad that I have been called to be God’s child and sister to Christ. Out of love for God I ask for new opportunities to serve others in Jesus name.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, give thanks with a grateful heart, pray for your family, friends and yourself and then…get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: