Wednesday, February 6, 2013


Happy Tuesday.

Prayer:  Lord, help us to understand when You are quiet that You are not absent or looking the other way. You are still in control and humbling us to trust You with all we have, all we are and all we will ever be. Lord, when we want to break free and go out on our own again remind us that under Your sovereignty is the best place for us to be. In Jesus name, Amen.

“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.
Romans 12: 12

We are a community of people who do not like to wait. We are so used to instant gratification, instant answers, ATM’s that dispense money in a few seconds without judgment and communication that is so rapid fire fast that when someone doesn’t answer within seconds we will almost “unfriend” them.

Because God is God and can do what God wants, there are times when He is quiet. We do not do well with silence. I am so guilty of that. I have NCIS on when I study and write. I don’t watch, but I need the company. When we are uncomfortable with God’s silence we are presented with a choice. We can either continue to be patient and faithful and wait on God to speak again or we can lash out and resent God. Then we have a final choice; we can draw closer to God.

When we are suffering we recognize our serious need for God. The more we choose to draw nearer to God the more we find hope in God’s unfailing love. It is then that we know that God cares for us and is continually watching over us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

Prayer Request: Bruce has been sick with a sinus infection since last week. Please pray for him to be restored to complete wellness.  Thank you, faithful and mighty prayer warriors. Peace, gc

No comments: