Monday, February 4, 2013


Happy Monday! 

I completed the other paper due tomorrow. Both papers are in Bruce’s inbox for editing. 

Prayers:  Bruce has an epic sinus infection that found him at the doc’s office today. He is pretty miserable so offer a prayer for him to be relieved of congestion and breathe easier.

Prayer:  Lord, I claim your Holy Word that nothing can separate us from Your love.  Thank You for Your gift of love and help me to mirror that love to those I encounter. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

“Neither height not depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Romans 8: 39

What is the worst thing that can happen to you? If you are a parent most of us would say the loss of a child, spouse or parent.  I get to check two out of three of those boxes. And yes, these occurrences are the worst earthly events that can happen to any of us. These losses leave grief and loss the size of football stadiums in our souls. But as awful as those things are the very worst thing that could happen is the loss of the love of God.

We can relax because that just is not going to happen! God’s Holy Word states without any doubt that nothing will separate us from the love of God found in the life, death and resurrection of Christ Jesus.  The word I love the best is ALL.  The loss of God’s love is not even in the realm of possibility. The love of God is the purest gift we will ever receive. It is the love that secures our connection to God and Savior for all eternity. Since the very worst imaginable is not possible we can live life abundantly. This love is not love we have to earn through deeds done.

Remember when times are wonderful and filled with joy we need to enjoy those times fully without worry. When times are difficult or filled with grief God will strengthen us with that same powerful love.  God’s divine presence transcends and soaks in all of the areas of our life that no matter what happens. We can be assured that God through Jesus overcame the world. If God overcame the world then God will take care of us out of His love for us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with gratitude and a thankful heart. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: