Friday, February 8, 2013


Happy Thursday!

Again thank you for your prayers as Bruce went back to work today. The remainder of his sinus infection is a lingering cough. He is returning to full strength.  So thank you again.

As for me I made my first trip to Curves today. Let me just say after a year and a half of active sitting I am sooooooo out of shape! In case any of you want to know how it works…it is basically a series of machines and recovery pads between each machine. You spend 30 seconds on each resistance machine and 30 seconds on a recovery pad where you can jog in place, walk or stretch. Anyway when you have done the circuit for about 30 minutes you are done. So ladies, here is the great part, it is only for women so you don’t have to even look cute. 

I also ordered a groom’s cake today from Calling All Cakes!

Prayer request: I have several assignments that are all due on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. I did not put off doing them, they were just all assigned at similar times with due dates to match. In your prayers please ask God to help me to understand and respond appropriately. It is a great deal of reading on subject matters of which I am just becoming acquainted. I need an extra measure of understanding, discipline and grace in order to complete everything on time. Thank you, faithful ones.

Prayer:  Lord, thank You that we can come before You with anything and everything.  Thank You that you are continually working in our lives. Help us to recognize and give thanks that Your guiding presence is with us so that we may follow Your will and know of the power of Your love that works in us. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

“Now to Him who is able to exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.”
Ephesians 3: 20

My meditation tonight begins with the promise that God will restore you to health and heal your wounds.  I thought how appropriate these words are tonight as Bruce is getting over being sick and Geni was sick today. I continue to keep my prayer book and most of the entries are for healing and restoration to wellness. Some are requests for a return to wholeness from hurts that are emotional and spiritual. Jeremiah 30: 17, “But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,” declares the LORD, “because you are called and outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.”  God cares for us so very much and is continually at work in our lives. When Our recognition of His presence grows dim, the Light of His presence shines its brightest. By His Very Word God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask.

Praying in the name of Jesus consistently can cause amazing things to happen in our lives.  I need amazing things to happen in a short amount of time to meet the demands of school. I am praying in Jesus’ name to keep me steady, to keep me focused and to keep my work consistent until all work is complete in a timely fashion. I pray that my work shows my professors and classmates how I view God working not only through me but through the reading and writing I am doing. When we, God’s people, pray in one accord for each other then great things can happen.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, pray in Jesus name and with a heart of gratitude and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: