Wednesday, February 6, 2013


Happy Wednesday!  

First, Bruce is feeling better.  Thank you for your prayers.

Today I decided to practice some self-care and joined Curves. Please pray for me to be disciplined and work hard to get into shape. (I need to work really hard in my workout tomorrow as I am to go and taste groom’s cake for the wedding later!)

Prayer:  Lord, help us to trust in You not only with our words but to take refuge in You with our wills. As we go through this day we will encounter so many things that make us anxious. When those anxious moments come let us come to You and find You at the center of our thoughts and wills, listening to Your voice and finding the strength to do what You ask. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

“Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by.”
Psalm 57: 1

As you might have guessed I have begun to feel overwhelmed. The work load this semester is pretty heavy in my classes. This seems especially true since I did not come to these classes with very much on which to anchor myself. I seem to spend my time actively sitting, studying, reading and writing papers. And then there is this wedding…I was getting to a point where the deadlines and expectations were overwhelming me and I was not able to prioritize.  It is time to take on another task instead of letting one go.  So I joined Curves (it is a lady’s fitness club).

The problem with stress and feeling overwhelmed for me is that if I were to let something go, the time would come when I would have to pick that responsibility up again. So I am taking some time for self-care and plan on exercising about three times per week for 30 minutes at a time.  I prayed about this, knowing it would be a financial sacrifice each month and an hour and a half each week that before I was not willing to give up. I prayed this scripture and placed myself in God’s refuge. I placed my trust in the God of love and blessing.

God’s refuge is a place of protection or shelter; a safe haven. It is a place where we can turn for help, relief or escape. Our job is to willingly turn to God for help and make Him our refuge.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with a thankful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: