Friday, February 1, 2013


Happy February and Happy Friday! 

Luther Lamar update:  Luther Lamar, our 7 month old basset puppy of three weeks came to us without immunizations, very underweight and pretty starved for love and affection. At the vet today he weighs in 10 pounds heavier than when he came to us and seems to love his new family as much as we love him.  The docs at Banfield Animal Hospital at Pet Smart pronounced him perfect! We are very thankful.

Prayer:  God, there are times I am uncertain if I am following your will for my life and the path You have planned.  Grow me through the times when I am unsure. Give me renewed vision for my future. I want to be in the center of Your will. Today, I am listening to that still, small voice of Your Spirit to assure me. Amen.

“As I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.”
Joshua 1: 58

Leadership, especially servant leadership, can be a lonely place. Even when surrounded by those who are helping, leaders feel really alone when called on to make the final decisions on something. But here is the good news: God is always with us and never abandons us. When we remember it is God who has called us to serve in His name we are assured of never being alone. 

As one who has battled weight all of my life there is one thing I know.  No matter how one tries to lose weight it is a really tough battle. I did my best at losing weight when I was accountable to someone who would walk the battlefield with me.  If I had a workout or walking buddy I found fewer excuses to work out or walk. If I had a weight loss partner I found myself making fewer excuses, cheating less and looking forward to the scales because my partner would celebrate with me and not act in judgment if I missed the mark. But the bottom line is that the result would be my decision.

Here is a thought…my buddy could walk away, but God never walks away. Scripture states clearly that God was with Moses, (Moses!!!) the only human who ever saw the face of God, and promises to be with us. Furthermore, He promises to never leave us or forsake us. God is our comforter, our teacher, our encourager, our strength and is PRESENT WITH US AT ALL TIMES.

My friends…when others let us down, walk away or take us for granted remember God has promised in His Holy Scripture to be with us and cheering us on.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, pray with gratitude and thankfulness and get some peaceful sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: