Friday, February 1, 2013


Happy Thursday! 

I have the most wonderful hubby. He spent the better part of the afternoon under the house repairing a water leak. This ranks right up there with root canal and taking up linoleum as his favorite things to do. But the water is up, dishes are done and coffee is ready for the morning. He is the best!

Prayer:  Lord, this year is just beginning and there are already challenges to meet, some heartaches and grief to endure.  We have already celebrated some great victories. Today, reveal to me what Your goals and dreams are for me in my life as I look ahead. Help me to sort it all out. As I consider the days to come, may I walk in step with Your will as a faithful servant. In Christ’s name, I pray. Amen.

“He has shown you, O man, what is God; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?”
Micah 6: 8

As I look to the new year and what is ahead: school, serving at Rush Creek and having a son getting married, I must always remember one thing…to keep Jesus and His call on my life in front of me at all times.  Each of us has a call of Christ on our lives. Our call is the call to servanthood.  We are commanded to meet the needs of those around us without needing recognition or reward. Consistent acts of love, regardless of the cost, reflect true servanthood. 

When we act by helping others those acts require a spirit of love and mercy in us. When we look at others with this kind of love we can look past individual circumstances and see the needs that lie beneath the surface.

Christian service is eloquently laid out in the passage from Micah, to do justice, to love mercy and to walk humbly with God. We cannot do this kind of service apart from God. We need the grace of God to meet the needs of others as God’s servant. My friends, let our agendas be God’s agenda and give us the strength to serve in God’s earthly kingdom.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, give thanks with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: