Wednesday, January 30, 2013


Happy Wednesday! 

My apologies for not writing last evening. Short nights and very long days took their toll.  

I have been keeping a prayer journal by my desk.  Lately, I have received many requests for prayer.  Let us keep our friends, family and those who are in need to feel God’s presence in their time of need.

Prayer: Good morning Lord! You made this day with all its promise and beauty. I thank You for all of the opportunities before me today, at home, work and school. I know I was created to love You and to serve You. Speak to me this morning as I read Your Word and meditate on Your truth. Grow me to be more like You. May my service be a blessing to You and to those in my sphere of influence. May You find me faithful serving You my Savior. Amen.

“For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.”
Galatians 5: 13

Every act of servanthood is done with the other person in mind. When I am asked to help out or volunteer for some activity or act of service I think how I am glad to be of help, but I also think of the person or people to whom I am serving.  Servanthood is the continual process of laying down one’s own agenda for the sake of someone else.

When we think of Jesus, serving God the Father was His only agenda. He came to show us and be the perfect model of servanthood so that when we are called to serve we are not only willing, but able to serve.  We feel the strong calling to serve because of our relationship with Jesus. When we are called to serve we need to pray that we reflect God’s grace and God’s glory. Through the motivation of love and thanksgiving we are allowed to serve through the One who is the perfect model of the servant’s heart.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, give thanks with a grateful heart and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni, Travis and Sarah.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com     

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God. 

No comments: