Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Happy Wednesday! 

Cooked dinner tonight and washed hands and dishes!  Having running water is wonderful!!  I love my hubby!

Prayer:  Blessed Lord, may I be captured once again by the grandeur of Your grace that has rescued me from the guilt of my sin.  I pray that I might remember the forgiveness You have given through the death of Christ. I pray that I might live in the abundance of that forgiving grace today. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

“In Him we have redemption through His blood the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.”
Ephesians 1: 7

The book The Hiding Place, by Corrie Ten Boom is the story of two sisters who are placed in the work camp during WWII as political prisoners.  Although these two sisters had extraordinary faith, their descriptions of the camp and those encamped with them are quite graphic.  The descriptions personified unrelenting carnage, no hope and only the promise of increased despair.  The prisoners were so downtrodden in their captivity that they had no strength either physically or spiritually to help themselves.

The woman who anoints the feet of Jesus in Luke believes herself to be captured in the guilt of sin and feelings of despair.  She feels she is unable to escape and unworthy of pardon.  She longs for a way out of the prison she finds herself.  Then she sees Jesus and hears His words of love, grace and forgiveness and her broken heart is healed by God’s power as Jesus offers her salvation.

Jesus paid the ransom for our sins through the transaction of grace through His death on the cross.  Jesus took the death of sinners in our prisons of sin.  Jesus was sent by God through the power of the Holy Spirit to set the captives free. Through His death sin has been shattered and the shackles of shame have been destroyed.  We have been set free and tasted God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ.  Praise God!

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer request:  I think I told you that I am preaching my first sermon at Rush Creek Christian Church in Arlington.  I will preach twice on Sunday, once at 8:30 and then at 11:00.  I would very much appreciate your prayers.  Thank you. Peace, gc

No comments: