Tuesday, November 6, 2012


Happy Monday! 

I voted early on Friday so I do not have to leave Brite on Tuesday, come to Arlington, vote and return and not be able to get a close parking space.  Sometimes it all comes down to parking!

Prayer:  Lord, I humble myself before You. You are God and I am not. You are the Master; I am the servant. You are the Father; I am the child and I surrender all. Amen.

“For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.”
John 1: 17

I study about a lot of great scholars and many very important historical figures both biblical and secular.  There are even those who have had the descriptor “Great” before their name: Herod the Great, Alexander the Great etc…The problem about all of these “great” and important people is that many of them had a dark side.  Each of these people, while contributing to history, are remembered for their greatness but could not bring to our lives what Jesus could.

Jesus is the only one who could offer forgiveness, grace and truth. Jesus stands alone as the One who could offer forgiveness and assurance of abundant life here on earth and the promise of heaven, forgiveness through faith and grace through unconditional love.  The covenant made with the Hebrew nation was founded on law, but the everlasting covenant made by Jesus with each of us was founded on the sacrifice of Christ and faith making us complete to do every good work in His will. 

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: