Saturday, September 22, 2012


Happy Saturday the first day of fall. 

I love the first day of fall. Today we walked into WalMart in Allen.  Daddy and I were walking together entering through the produce department.  The fall colors were beautiful with the pumpkins, fall flowers, beautiful fall fruit, corn stalks and scarecrows.  Even though it was kind of hot I wore a fall teal t-shirt, black jeans and shoes that contained fall colors.  Sometime this week I will indulge in a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  I only get one per year because it is like drinking dessert.  I love the drink with a pumpkin scone or a slice of pumpkin bread.  Maybe some study time at Starbucks is in my future…I do love fall.  It is my favorite time of year.

Also, a special shout out to my nieces who threw a great party for our great niece Holly. Holly is the granddaughter of my brother Ken. Holly’s mom and twin sister live in a pretty house in Allen and hosted the party.  Holly seemed a bit overwhelmed by all of the hoopla, but enjoyed the presents and cake.  Happy 2nd Birthday Holly. 

Prayer:  “Lord, as I begin the day, prepare me for tough things that may come my way.  I am not too good to know affliction.  Lord, You suffered for me—thank You.  Great Christians in history have paid a harsh price for following You.  Thank You for my heritage.  Teach me today to be strong for the sake of Your body, the church. In Jesus’ name, Amen.” 

“I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church.
Colossians 1:24

The suffering of Christ was the atonement for our sins. Romans 5:10 says, “For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.”

The suffering of Christ was the example to His followers who were taught that they would enter the kingdom of heaven by way of tribulation and endurance.  Paul rejoices in this kind of suffering on behalf of the body of Christ, the church.

1 Peter 5:10 tells us that the God of all grace will “perfect, establish, strengthen and settle” us after we have suffered for a while.  When we experience suffering Christ never leaves us because we carry the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.  Sometimes we walk through the valley and sometimes we climb the mountain.  Either place we walk is a journey and we need to walk these journeys of life with endurance.  The endurance with which we walk produces spiritual maturity.  My meditation tonight says, “when we are tested we are to ask to be refined by God in the fires of tribulation and given grace to rejoice when we are counted on as worthy to suffer for the sake of Christ.”

Take joy in this journey of faith.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


Please pray for me as I begin the writing on my first paper of length for my New Testament class. 

No comments: