Thursday, September 20, 2012


Happy Thursday! 

Prayer:  “Lord, the Enemy rushes at me in the morning with the cares of the day, hanging them about my neck, cluttering my heart, disturbing my mind, and seeking to steal  my peace. But You instruct me not to be anxious about anything, but by prayer to bring all my requests to You. And You promise when I do, Your peace will secure me heart and mind. This morning, God, I am casting all my cares on You, knowing that You are infinitely able to carry them.  Thank You for caring for me.  Make Your peace reign in me through Christ. Amen.”

“Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Romans 5: 1

My meditation tonight states an interesting statistic.  From 1900 to 1989, 86 million people died in wars.  That means that 2500 people died every day for ninety years.  During that time of war what was being sought was peace.  As Christians we know that we cannot achieve peace between us and other humans or with God without a relationship with Jesus.

Paul states that we have been justified by faith.  We have been justified by faith and now we not only have peace of God (Phil. 4: 7), but also peace with God (Rom. 5: 1).  When Christ cried, “It is finished!” from the cross peace was declared between our hearts and God.  Our hearts were then made holy because of the exchange of the life of Jesus and our sin.  Christ was made sin and we were made righteous. Praise to our crucified Christ, our risen Savior and Lord.

Take joy in this journey of faith.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: