Wednesday, September 19, 2012


Happy Tuesday!

Prayer:  “Lord, this day I desire above all else to love You with my whole heart.  Cover it with the breastplate of Your righteousness, so that Satan’s accusations cannot condemn me.  Enlarge and uphold my faith so that it shields me against all the flaming arrows launched against me.  Bring to my mind the remembrance of Your great salvation, and thus sustain my hope in You.  Make Your love flow over the brim of my life into the lives of others, that they may believe.  In Jesus’ mighty name I pray. Amen.”

“But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.”
1 Thessalonians 5: 8

The writer of my meditation tonight talks about the most famous battlefield in the world, the Valley of Jezreel.  This valley is also known as the Valley of Armageddon.  The first recorded battle in history took place there, and the last battle fought on earth will take place there according to this writer.  Pharaohs, Romans, Crusaders, Napoleon, Germans and Brits have fought in that valley. 

While this battlefield is well known, the most common battlefield is found far closer to home; our hearts and minds.  The apostle Paul tells us to cover ourselves with the breastplate of faith and love and our mind with the helmet of salvation. “Faith brings the righteousness of Christ to our lives, and love expresses that righteousness to men.”

Everyday Satan battles for control of our minds, thoughts and hearts.  When we put on the whole armor of God Satan’s arrows cannot pierce us.  The strongest piece of our armor is love.  Satan cannot go where God’s perfect love is present.  Stand in the perfect presence of God’s love and Satan cannot harm you.

Take joy in this journey of faith.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: