Thursday, September 20, 2012


Happy Wednesday! 

A week from today the choir from Rush Creek will be singing at the Ranger Game.  I have joined the choir and will be singing with them.  I have also joined the Brite Chapel Choir.  What can I say...singing is my thing!

Prayer:  “God, You are life. Before the beginning, You were. You spoke a word and life sprang into being, into the reality of time and space, so that we could know You. You became flesh in order that we might more fully know You. Your Spirit is in the world today pouring forth rivers of life and calling people to faith, that they might eternally know You. Cause my life today to exude Your life, so that others may believe and receive life in Christ. Amen.”   
     
“Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?”
Galatians 3: 5

Paul wanted the Galatians to know that the law did not produce salvation or a spiritual life.  The rich young ruler told Jesus that he had kept the law since his youth.  In both of these cases something was lacking.  What was lacking was a relationship with Christ.  Legalism and keeping the law will not bring about a spiritual life. 

Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly.  Because of Christ we are free from the law of sin and death and are secure in our eternal life in the presence of Jesus forever.  We have been secured by the One who not only gave us life, but the One who is life.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.
                                                                                            

No comments: