Monday, September 24, 2012


Blessed Sunday to you all. 

Go Cowboys!  It was not a pretty win, but as my Daddy used to say “there is only one statistic that really counts and that is the final score.”  Pretty or not…a win is a win.

Prayer:  “Lord, I begin this day with confession.  Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God.  Thank You Lord, that You are eternal.  I know I can count on You today. Even when I am weak, You are strong. Jesus, thank You for being my rock today. In Your holy name I pray. Amen.”

“And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.”
Matthew 16:18

I have always loved this story.  Here is Peter sitting in front of Jesus listening to Him teach.  I do not even know if Peter had ever thought about Who Jesus really was.  Peter just knew that whatever Jesus had to say or do Peter wanted to be a part.  Peter was a lifelong fisherman who dropped his nets and left his boat to follow Jesus without question.  Peter’s confession was the correct identification of Jesus.  Jesus is the promised messiah, the Son of the living God and the bedrock upon which the church is built.  Because of his faith and identification of Jesus, Peter became the foundation of the church all because he confessed Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God.

The church is built with stone upon stone. Each of us is a living stone placed on the foundation of Christ.  The gospels proclaim the church as an institution against which the gates of hell will not prevail.  It is not the destination of the church to end up in hell’s possession, but to go forward in victory. 

Today was Sunday. I am so grateful for the Church and that it was and is not defeated.  I give thanks that we all can be the living stones in the structure of the Church that is continually being built as long as God’s people continue to worship, pray, serve and fellowship with each other in faith.  We become an integral part of that old hymn Rock of Ages.  In being a rock we can rest in the security that the Rock of Ages is cleft for all of us. We continue to build the church and in answer to “Who is the Church?”,  proclaim with loud voice, “We are the Church!” 

Take joy in this journey of faith.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: