Monday, September 24, 2012


Happy Monday! 

I have spent the day reading the Book of Revelations and other materials on its interpretation.  WOW!  Revelations is a serious amount of apocalyptic literature. I think my head is buzzing!

Prayer:  Lord, Thank You for being the exalted One. You are the head of the church. I pledge to follow You fully today.  Help me understand my place in the body of Christ. I pray to keep You in first place in my life. You alone are Lord. I crown You King of my life and I begin the day. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

“And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.”
Colossians 1:18

Jesus is the only One who qualifies to be God.  Jesus is the only one who has earned the prominence to take first place in our life and in all things. God placed Jesus at the head of the church. Ephesians 1: 22, 23 says, “And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.” 

Jesus is sufficient because He is eternal and has the final Word.  John 1:1, 2 says, “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.”

Finally, Jesus is heir to a priestly line, making Him worthy of enthronement because He was raised from the dead.  1 Corinthians 15: 20 says, “Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep.” (I have sung that song!)

My prayer for all of us today is that no matter what situations the day brings that we will place Jesus on the throne of our lives and go to Him first before we try to engage an issue on our own power.  Jesus is powerful enough to help in any situation with which we are faced.  God dwells within the incarnated Jesus and Jesus dwells in us by the power of the Holy Spirit. 

Take joy in this journey of faith.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


No comments: