Saturday, September 29, 2012

Happy Friday! 


I do not like to begin my postings with sadness, but my Aunt Lendola (Aunt Lenda) from Colony, Oklahoma, passed away yesterday morning.  She was my Daddy’s sister-in-law.  We will be driving to Colony with Daddy Sunday morning to be with her children and friends for the service on Sunday afternoon.  I ask you for prayers for the children and travel mercy for those of us who are joining together to celebrate her life.

This morning I received a call from Daddy telling me that a longtime friend, Bobbie Gohlke, wife of the late Duane Gohlke, had passed away.  I do not have a memory from high school that does not contain these two extraordinary people. Duane was my high school choir director and mentor. Duane and Bobbie played and sang our wedding and were Casey’s first babysitters.  I was their children’s first babysitter.  We had remained wonderful friends over the years. In the past few years Duane and Bobbie joined the First Methodist Church in Howe where Mom and Daddy attend church.  I am in prayer for their children and grandchildren and am so very sad at her passing.  I am sure she and Duane have found each other and are making the heavens ring with beautiful music and side-splitting laughter.  I loved them dearly. 

Prayer:  “Lord, You are the Head of the church, and I surrender this day to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

“And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.”
Ephesians 1:22-23

Christ Jesus is the head of the church.  He is not the head of the church like a CEO but more like the head of the house or a head of state.  It is not an elected position; it is one given by appointment.  The head of the church is the Lord of the church.  Even though the church is the body of Christ which is called to obedience under the Lordship of Christ, the church shares all that it is and all that Christ has to offer.  As the head of the Church, Jesus makes sure the storehouses are never depleted.  The storehouses of the church are filled with blessings, grace, forgiveness and tender mercy.  While the storehouses of Jesus are billed with the greatest gifts of God the church is filled with the character of God through the people who make up the body of Christ.  The church is filled with His power and His life.  We share with Jesus in the life of the church as it is filled with the fullness of God and everything that God enjoys.  Christ shares all He has for the benefit of the entire body. (Kinda makes you want to go to church a little more often doesn’t it…?)

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Just a thought…Within the last year beginning in the month of October I have lost two uncles, one aunt, my mother and a dear friend. Tomorrow is the burial of the ashes of one of my uncles.  I am unable to attend due to a previously scheduled commitment.  As I get older so does my family.   Right now it just seems that these passings are coming far too close together.  I am somewhat down and more than a little blue over these losses.  While I am praying for these families who have lost these who are dearest to them, I am praying for me, too.   

No comments: