Monday, October 1, 2012


Blessed Sunday to you all! 

We arrived home from Oklahoma just a while ago.  The service for my Aunt Lendola was lovely.  It was in the small community of Colony, Oklahoma down the road from Corn, Oklahoma.  We were privy to beautiful land with large farms, animals and great kindness of sweet people.  Daddy enjoyed seeing his family again and seeing a couple of friends from when he was in school in Cowden. 

Tomorrow I will return to Sherman to attend the funeral of a dear friend, Bobbie Gohlke.  She passed away suddenly on Thursday.  Her husband was my high school choir director.  We were friends for nearly 40 years and  I will miss her a lot.  While Duane taught me to sing, Bobbie taught me to laugh. 

Prayer:  “Lord, thank You for Your Word. Today it will be the foundation of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

“Having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord.”
Ephesians 2:20, 21

Our daughter is amazing!  At the beginning of the summer after she moved into her new apartment it was decided to make her room my study.  Our dining room needed to look like a dining room again instead of a graduate student study.  So I purchased paint and new flooring, the preparation for the new flooring began and then good news…Bruce began a work project that has him away from the house and working long hours.  So the paint and the flooring remained in the corner of an empty room.  While Bruce and I were gone this weekend Geni finished the painting in the room and laid the flooring.  She is amazing and when I have moved in and decorated it Bruce will take pictures and put them on this site. 

I did not watch Geni lay this floor, but I have watched Bruce lay the same floor.  It is flooring that is somewhat like a puzzle.  It takes all of the pieces placed in the right places to create the foundation.  The scripture passages speaks of the foundation of the church and how the apostles, prophets and Jesus Christ made the foundation and fitted it together so that it might grow into a holy temple.  The holy temple is not the building, but those who inhabit the temple who are filled with the Holy Spirit and have their foundation in the teachings of the apostles and prophets of old so that they grow into the holy temple of God.

When I move into this new study I hope to dedicate it to learning, study and a place of peace where God can dwell in words typed and spoken, prayer and sanctuary. Churches dedicate their buildings or their sanctuaries, but their “building” has just begun.  Undergirded by the teachings of Scripture and supported by Christ the people of God—the church is being built into a holy people and a holy temple of the Lord.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert: Please pray especially for our young cousin Tatum and her family.  Tatum is entering a very hard part of her cancer treatment.  She will begin cranial radiation and a 21 day round of steroid therapy.  Please pray for this family as they continue to walk a mighty journey of faith with a “Mighty T” Tatum leading the way with courage and faith.  

No comments: