Wednesday, October 3, 2012


Happy Wednesday! 

I am ready for a break.  Reading Week (mid-term break) begins Monday.  I am looking very forward to Reading Week. Translated…that means no classes. Did I say I am ready for a break?!!!

Prayer:  “thank You Lord, for the leaders who equip me to serve You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

“And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.”
Ephesians 4:11,12

These are words I hope someday to have spoken at an ordination service.  As I look back I remember the church leaders who helped to shape my faith, my theology from being a Methodist, to Lutheran and now to Disciple.  Each of the leaders; pastors, teachers and elders have allowed me to observe, question and practice leadership in various ways.  They have given me tools in which to serve Christ and witness to others. 

Each of these leaders have all been gifted and led or called to help me discover, develop and use the gifts I have been given in Christ’s service.
 God called me into the ministry of pastoral care.  I do not know where this ministry will take me, whether it is in a church setting or facility, but I know that God does not increase by addition.  God increases by multiplication.  God calls leaders to equip every believer to serve Christ and witness to a world that is lost.  When every member of the body of Christ participates in a ministry then the body of Christ is edified and lifted up.  When we accept this calling to ministry and submit to the teachings of our church leaders God will use us to accomplish the Divine will offered to each of us.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer:  This weekend Bruce will go to the prison and I will be on a church retreat and attend a regional conference.  Please pray that God will use each of us to minister to those we encounter and that those we encounter will recognize the Divine in each of us.  Pray for your ministers.  Peace, gc

No comments: