Tuesday, October 2, 2012


Happy Monday! 

I have been to two funerals in two days.  The first was in western Oklahoma and the one today was in Sherman.  I think (as Bruce says) I have made it to tired. 

On a happier note…Bruce, Geni and Travis all had a part in creating my study from Geni’s old bedroom.  Tonight the new rug was laid and the desk put in place.  I have some decorating to do and a few more things to move in and I love it. My family is amazing.  So thank you, Bruce, Geni and Travis for all of your work and support.  I love you all dearly.

Prayer:  “Lord, today use my spiritual gifts as I serve You as a member of Your body.  In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

“Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.”
1 Corinthians 12:27

The church is the body of Christ. Jesus lives in each of us.  God calls us through Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit to use the gifts which were given to each of us for the glory of God and in service.  I look at all of the people I have met at Brite and I see so many gifts that are to be used in service to the church.  I see gifts of music, prayer, knowledge, teaching, leadership, preaching and pastoral care.  I am sure there are many that I have not named, but all of these gifts are to be used as the body of Christ. Each of these folks and all of us are gifted members of Christ’s body.  God includes each of us in the body of Christ and with the gifts given to us by our Creator we serve and glorify God.  I give thanks that God includes me in the body of Christ and I am blessed to know so many others who are members of the same body.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. (After travelling so much over the last two days, I am ready for a restful sleep.) Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Please pray for those who have experienced loss in the passing of loved ones. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: