Tuesday, October 2, 2012


Happy Tuesday! 

Prayer:  “Lord, You have placed leaders in Your church. Help me to love and respect the leaders at my church and around my community for Your sake. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

“And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. Be at peace among yourselves.”
1 Thessalonians 5:12,13

The apostle Paul named the church leaders in Thessalonica by their function in the church and not by title.  Church leaders are those who teach the Word and realize the spiritual responsibilities for the souls in their parishes. Paul tells us to “esteem” these leaders.  To esteem someone means that we want to follow their lead.  We can esteem our church leaders by following them and the example they set and because they love the work they do.  If we work together with our church leaders then we have “peace among ourselves.”  

Another way we can support our church leaders is through prayer.  Our church leaders need our prayers each day.  Through prayer we can surround our leaders with love, respect and help them to study, lead and work with others with the gift of peace.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayers for:  Bruce is leaving on Thursday for a Kairos Prison Ministry Weekend at the Allred Unit in Iowa Park.  Please pray for these leaders as they give of themselves to a population we do not often think about, but are a part of the church; the body of Christ.  Peace, gc

No comments: