Tuesday, September 25, 2012


Happy Tuesday! 

Chapel service at Brite was off the chart awesome today.  The theme of the service was healing and wholeness.  The pastor was Rev. Irene Sessions.  She preached from 2 Samuel about the crippled man who was invited to dine at the table of the king.  Her message was that we are all called to find someone each day to bless.  Not a blessing of our own works, but God’s blessing of mercy, kindness and justice in whatever way we are led.  After the message we participated in Eucharist.  I helped serve at the table and I so love that part of the worship. During Eucharist we were anointed with oil and given a blessing of peace and a prayer for healing in the name of Jesus.  It was a total package today. 

Prayer:   “Lord, I acknowledge You as the One who is able to keep me from stumbling. Because of the sacrifice of Jesus I am made to stand in Your presence blameless and with great joy. To You be all glory, majesty, dominion and authority in my life today and forever. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

“To Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.”
Ephesians 3:21

Our chapel director really works very hard to craft thoughtful, purposeful worship.  He has a real heart for worship and takes his job very seriously.  And even though I always tell him thank you for the wonderful worship it is really God who deserves all of the glory in our lives.  The glory must be given to Him from all generations.  God deserves the glory because He not only created us but can do all things.  Ephesians 3:20 tells us “God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.”  The power that works in us is the power of the Holy Spirit.  God is able to handle whatever we face today as individuals and whatever challenges we face within our churches.  God is equal to the task.

God deserves all of the glory because God has all the power.  The power of God works within us.  Again, the power within us is the Holy Spirit who lives in everyone who follows Jesus. The Holy Spirit is a transmitter of love and power directly into our lives and into our churches. Let us not forbid God’s power to work in our church or in our lives.  God purchased the church and built the church. Within its walls and through its people we must exalt the name of God for God deserves all of the praise and glory.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: