Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Saturday!

Prayer: “Jesus, You came as a baby, lived as a man, died, and was raised as Lord. I worship You, because You gave up Your heavenly position to be an example for me. Help me today to surrender my rights to Your lordship. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.”

Philippians 2: 5, 6 “Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God.”

I have spent the day in a Kairos Team meeting. Today’s topic was on servant hood. I learned today the difference between doing service and being a servant. Doing service is simply helping out with a beginning point and ending point to a task. Service is wonderful and helping those who are in need is a godly activity, but being a servant is something different. Being a servant is the total surrender of one’s self to a master and essentially becoming a slave to a master.

Jesus lived out His life as an example of selfless servant hood to God. Jesus possessed all of the characteristics and qualities of God the Father apart from having human form. Whatever can be said about Jesus can be said about the God the Father and God the Spirit. Jesus was equal to God in holiness and love because Jesus is God on foot!

If we claim ourselves to be children of God and body of Christ then we must adopt the characteristics of Jesus and become a servant to God and in service to all. The difference in our servant hood is that we come before God as servants to Jesus as free slaves. We are forgiven of our sins and freed from eternal death by the blood washed over us on the cross. Jesus knelt before the Disciples and washed their feet in humility to those servants who would carry on the message of Jesus and the cross anointing them through the water being the example of humble service.

Jesus was willing to let go of His position in heaven and all earthly things including His own life to demonstrate what a life given in total surrender to God really meant.

So here is the question for thought…Do we do perform acts of service or have we become servants of Christ, willing to surrender all we are and all we have to become a freed slave of the living God in Jesus Christ? Let us think on, meditate about and pray to God on this as we head into worship today.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much. See you in worship. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert! Our friend who is facing devastating cancer is Sharon James. She has stage 4 breast cancer and it has metastasized to her bones and is believed to have moved into her stomach. Please keep Sharon, her husband Jeff and their children in your prayers. Peace, Gaylene

Prayer: I also place myself in your loving hands of prayer for the upcoming week. I have a two papers due on Tuesday , a paper due on Thursday and I must preach a sermon for my preaching class on Thursday. I am feeling VERY overwhelmed. Thank you. Peace, gc

No comments: