Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy Thursday!

What a beautiful March 1st day! I have many things to accomplish in one week and I am feeling somewhat overwhelmed. Prayers are needed.

Prayer: “Lord Jesus, I come to You in awe that as Son of God and son of Man You died for me. Help me to live this day in Your humility and under the shadow of the Cross. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Philippians 2: 8 “And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death on the cross.”

Jesus came to earth, being born as a human and came “in appearance as a man.” Jesus’ inner nature was God, but not His external appearance. All that God is, Christ is and always will be. Christ was obedient to God even unto His death on the cross. I have often heard it said that Jesus was murdered on a Roman cross, but perhaps murder is not the correct word or thought. Jesus, in His obedience to his Father, willingly laid down His life for us.

There are lots of folks who are so ambitious trying to “climb the ladder of success,” and being upwardly mobile. But look at Jesus. Jesus, the King of Heaven stepped off of the throne of grace, and, in an extraordinary act of humble obedience, stepped out of His heavenly body and became a human climbing in a downwardly mobile direction even unto death on the cross out of His love for us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: