Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

Prayer: Father, I pray like Jehoshaphat facing the evil coalition: We have no power…nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You. Father may Your Holy Spirit teach me what to pray for and how to ask. I place a “Help Wanted” sign over my heart. In Christ’s name, Amen.

Romans 8: 26 “Likewise the Spirit also helps us in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groaning which cannot be uttered.”

Have you ever been so burdened or fearful or stressed that you could not find the words to pray? It seems as if just taking the next breath was something you could not even imagine. My meditation tonight says it something like this…we can pray when we are sick or even dying, but the problem is that many of us do not pray until we are sick and dying.

Here is the good news…because the Spirit dwells within us, the Holy Spirit will enable us to pray and when we can’t pray, the Spirit will pray in our stead. Those who are prayer warriors can pray on our behalf as intercessors. We need our friends and family to help carry the prayer load. The Holy Spirit will come to our aid taking our prayers to God through intercession and will express our needs in perfect form at the feet of the mercy seat of God. But in order for this to occur we must have the Holy Spirit dwelling within us and walk in the Spirit.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes (maybe even sandals!). Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer Alert! We have friends who are facing devastating cancer in their family. Please pray for them as well as the others in our lives who are in need of prayer. Thank you, mighty prayer warriors. Peace, gc

No comments: