Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Wednesday!

Okay, I confess! It was just too beautiful outside today to study. So tomorrow I will go in a bit early and read some of what I need for my first class in the morning.

Prayer: “Lord, Help me to deal with sin’s inevitable defilement by having a clear conscience before You. Help me today to have quick restoration of fellowship. In Jesus’ name, Amen”

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

We have some friends with a precious little boy. When he was younger and would go to the altar for communion, the pastor would give him a blessing instead of the cup and loaf. One time he left the altar with this statement, “I never get the blood of Christ!”

I still chuckle when I think about this scene at the altar and then I serious up when I think of this precious little guy and his prophetic words. I personally believe that he knew something about the blood of Christ. Let us see what we know.

Jesus became the unblemished lamb of God as our sacrifice for sin. We are not invited to the throne of grace and forgiveness because of age, knowledge or good deeds and works. We are invited to the throne of God because of the blood of Jesus. Hebrews 9: 14 tells us that we cannot satisfy God through any other work than that the blood of Jesus. All other attempts are simply “dead works.”

The ashes of the animal sacrifices were used for cleansing in the Old Testament, but the cleansing power of the Cross of Christ at Calvary was the sacrifice for sin for all time. This one-time sacrifice became the ashes of His finished work once and for all.

I am pretty sure that God looked down at this one so small and yet so wise who spoke about the feast to come in his simple child like faith and blessed the parents who faithfully took him to the altar to witness the cup and the loaf of sacrifice. (Way to go Glen and April!)

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Please continue to pray for those in our lives in need of great prayer warriors and might prayers of victory. Peace, gc

No comments: