Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blessed Sunday to you all!

I experienced extraordinary worship yesterday during the Kairos training. The Holy Spirit was present and I was raised and lifted up by the powerful preaching about being a child of God covered in the blood of Jesus and never allowing Satan close enough to make me believe I cannot be a servant of Christ.

I have been so overwhelmed by all of the seminary tasks I must complete this week and the extreme amount of work that must be done that I began to forget why I signed up for this journey. If you combine the work and deadlines with the journey of grief the road is not smooth, but very bumpy. God is leading me into His service by calling me to be His servant. God is preparing me to enact the calling of ordained ministry.

I must believe that God will stretch my time, allowing my energy to remain and must grant me greater understanding beyond myself in order to embrace the claim of Christ’s calling. I cannot do this without Christ as my prayer partner. I also am in need of each of you to be prayer partners with me for strength and encouragement during the times I am concerned that I feel uncertain and stressed not only over the amount of work, but the quality of work that must be accomplished. When we cover each other in prayer we, by the power of the Holy Spirit, can leave Satan crying in the corner in frustration because we move out of his reach as believers who are covered in the blood of Jesus and blanketed in His grace.

Prayer: “Father, You sent Your only son to earth to take on humanity at its fullest. Even in the very circumstances of His birth, You chose to show the world that He came thinking not about Himself, but His mission. May that be my attitude today. Help me to have that type of humility and reflect the character of the Lord Jesus. Amen.”

Let us never forget in all of the busyness in the activities of our lives to pray for ourselves and each area of our lives and every situation remembering what God would have us do. As we pray for ourselves and each other we honor Jesus as our Lord and Savior.

Take joy in this extraordinary journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: