Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy Wednesday!

I spent today writing my Grief and Loss paper. It is due at 8:15 am, which leaves me practice time to rehearse my sermon that I will preach to my preaching class tomorrow around 4. I could really use your prayers for the delivery of this Word that someone who hears this Word will find meaning in the Word.

Travis dropped a weight bar with 400 pounds on it on his thigh yesterday. Kinda painful, kinda swollen and kinda purple. When we arrived home from choir tonight we found him on the couch with a bag of frozen corn atop the injury. He plans to work out tomorrow. Please offer a prayer for his quick healing.

Prayer: “Father, Your love never waivers. That is hard for me to understand. You are so consistent. You have never loved me more than You do right now, and at the same time, you have never loved me less than You do right now. I know when You love, You go all the way! You have made it clear to me that I can trust You with everything in my life because of Jesus Christ. Amen. “

John 3: 18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”

You know God is not looking for reasons to condemn us. He is looking for reasons to save us. We tend to think that we have all of the time in the world to choose whether we will serve the Lord. If we do not make a choice then we have made a choice. We have chosen to lead a condemned life. We will stand before God on the Day of Judgment condemned because we did not put our trust in the “only begotten Son of God.”

This verse puts aside the idea that religious practice is all we need. Religion is not the same as a relationship with God through the crucified Christ. It does not matter what we believe, it matters where and in whom we put our trust. If someone we know has not trusted Christ, they have already made the wrong choice. It is our responsibility to share the truth of Jesus to those who stand condemned because they have chosen not to have a relationship with Jesus. Remember the phrase of “Crown Him with Many Crowns.” ‘Go lay your trophies at His feet and crown Him Lord of all.” When we speak the truth about having a relationship with Jesus to someone who does not know Jesus and they choose to believe in God’s only begotten Son, then we can carry that trophy and lay it at the feet of God.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Thank you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors. Love you all, Gaylene, Bruce, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: