Saturday, March 10, 2012

Happy Friday!

Bruce will be send this writing in the morning. He worked very hard all day and has already gone to sleep.

Prayer alert: Our young cousin Tatum began 28 days of steroid therapy and will receive chemotherapy throughout that time. These therapies are to help her little body fight the cancer. Please offer extra prayers for Tatum and her family.

Prayer: Father as I go about my day today, keep me mindful of the fact that I serve a God who has experienced and who truly understands the temptations I will be facing. And as I face them, may I call upon Your power to resist the urge to give in, no matter how alluring the opportunity or situation might be. You fought temptation on earth, and were victorious in every way. Help me claim that same victory today.”

Hebrews 4: 15 “For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points as we are, yet without sin.”

Jesus came to earth so we could know Him. He took on flesh and dwelt among us facing the same situations we face every day. He even faced temptations. Jesus, who is our High Priest on our behalf, has been where we have been and tempted in every way just as we are. This is why He understands our situations and is able to sympathize with our weaknesses. God in Jesus fully understands and can know the full force of earthly sin and temptation and he also knows how to cope.

Here is the good news. 1 Corinthians 10: 13 says, “No exception has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God who is faithful will not allow you to be tempted beyond what we are able to withstand and because of His forgiveness and pleading before the Father as a partner in prayer, we have been given an escape so we can bear the temptations and situations.” God has provided us with this power through the dwelling of the Holy Spirit. .

Give thanks to the Lord our God and King, for His love endures forever.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and remember your prayers. Love you all so much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: