Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blessed Sunday!

Are you a bit sleepy? Isn’t it strange how losing one hour of sleep just sort of makes everything seem a bit weird for a day or two? I don’t know about you, but I have caught myself yawning throughout the day. We had such a lovely day especially celebrating our precious goddaughter’s first birthday today. She was just beautiful even with both hands in her cake and cake in her hair. It was really wonderful!

Prayer: “You are Lord over life and death because You experienced death and then rose again. I can now experience a life that death cannot conquer in any way. When I think about how wonderful this promise of eternal life for me really is, I am overwhelmed. Thank You for the wonderful assurance that comes from serving a risen Savior! Because You live, I can also live! Amen.”

John 11: 25—27 “Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, thought he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the son of God, who has come into this world.”

Did you ever tease your kids by saying, “I brought you into this world and I can take you out!” Jesus was not teasing when he told Martha that He was the resurrection and the life. Jesus is the creator of life and has the power over life and death. Jesus told Martha, who knew how much faith in Jesus her brother Lazarus had, that even though Lazarus died he would live again. Now Martha knew that Lazarus would be resurrected in the last days, but she did not realize that Jesus would resurrect Lazarus before her very eyes. Jesus was trying to tell her that even though her body would die that she would live again but the power of the Holy Spirit through the crucified and risen Christ.

Let’s think about something, Jesus conquered death. Because Jesus conquered death there is nothing in our lives that He cannot handle! When Jesus asked Martha if she believed what he told her about eternal life her response was an impassioned, “Yes, Lord I believe!” Jesus wants the same from us. He needs us to say, “Yes, I believe!” This should affirm to each of us that whatever we face today or in the days to come that the power of the living God is more than capable of taking care of whatever we bring before Him.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all and if you are on a spring break, be safe and have a blessed week. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: