Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Monday!

What a beautiful day! I had a really fun assignment for my Psalms class. The assignment was to create a psalm using lines from other psalms. I chose a theme of “Sing Praises to Your Name.” (No great surprise huh!) Each of the psalm lines I chose had as its final phrase sing praise to Your name. It was a really interesting assignment and looking through the psalms to locate praise phrases was great. Try it sometime and create your own psalm. The possibilities are limitless.

Prayer: “Father, I am so grateful this morning that as I face another day that is filled with uncertainty, a world that is filled with upheaval, and a culture that is filled with ungodliness, Your Word still stands. You have spoken through the written Word, so that uncertainty is met with biblical assurance, upheaval is met with personal confidence, and ungodliness is met with divine providence. I pray today that Your Word would be a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path to know and to do the right before You and all that I come in contact with in a world that needs to hear Your voice both through my lips and my life. Amen.

John 20: 31 “But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life and His name.”

I have studied just enough in seminary to probably get myself into trouble. I have studied just a bit about faiths other than Christianity. One of the other faith’s practices shows to lead a good life, treat others as you would like to be treated and to love your neighbors, etc,…but there are two points that set this faith apart from Christianity. As Christians are called to love our neighbors and our enemies and when we receive Jesus as our Lord and Savior believing on His name, we are assured that we will possess eternal life. The other faiths teach that no one is assured of eternal life.

As Christians it does not matter whether we think we have received eternal life. What does matter is that God says we are assured of eternal life. We are assured of this future for ourselves in the John passage we are looking at today and we can also look at 1 John 5:13 “I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life.” These verses do not say you might have eternal life if you lead a good life and only love your neighbors. These verses tell us that we will enter into eternal life. Eternal life begins when we proclaim our belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Praise God and bless His holy name!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. (Tomorrow sandals, maybe?) Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer Requests: please pray for the upcoming Kairos Prison Ministry weekend later in April after Easter, Please pray for Bruce as its leader to continue to be led by the Holy Spirit, the leadership, the teams both inside and outside and most important…the 42 residence who will receive God’s Word.

And second…Geni is traveling to Galveston for a few days with a bunch of girlfriends for spring break. Please pray travel mercy and safety for all of the girls. Thanks and peace, gc

No comments: