Thursday, March 15, 2012

Happy Wednesday!

I have spent the day collecting information, then creating a resume and filling out the application for the Clinical Pastoral Education program or CPE. This is a program that is sort of like student teaching for pastors in a hospital or other clinical setting. Pastor Joel did his CPE in a prison and I am sure there are other clinical settings for CPE. Brite offers only hospital settings. I hope to finish all of the application in the morning and send out the finished documents tomorrow. I promise to let you know if I am accepted for the program this summer. During the summer it is 10 week long course of study and gives me 3 hours credit and another completed piece for my pastoral care concentration. Tomorrow I am planning to attend the meeting for Supervised Ministry. If all works out okay, I will begin the year-long supervised ministry training in the fall.

Please continue to pray for Geni. She had a rather difficult journey to Galveston. She got to Centerville and the starter went out on her car. God blessed her with a Daddy who stayed in contact with her all day and a mechanic who put in the starter right there at the Jack-in-the Box where she stopped for lunch. She did finally make it to Galveston before 8: 00 pm and we hope the trip home is incident free. She learned a bit about life today.

Prayer: “Father, as I think of the ways You have revealed Yourself to me, I am so very thankful, thankful that I can look around to a world that is clearly You handiwork that declares unmistakably Your power, grandeur, and glory. I am grateful that You have spoken so clearly through a Book that bears all the marks of coming from a divine hand; a Book that pulsates with supernatural truth and unmistakably carries the sound of Your voice. I am humbled that You spoke last but not least through Your Son, who is my Lord. In every way You choose today, speak to me and through me. Amen.”

Hebrews 1: 1,2 “God…has in these last days spoken to us by His son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also he was made the worlds.”

There is nobody like Jesus. Jesus was not just a prophet, He was God’s own Son. Jesus was God on foot in human flesh. Jesus is the heir to all things and all things are His. This Christ of the New Testament is the same creator of the Old Testament. My meditation tonight contains this great line of wisdom, “He is not just God’s best Word to the human race. Jesus is God’s last Word to the human race.” So to a world that offers other books that contain holy words by holy prophets we need to immerse ourselves in God’s Holy Word and remember that God, the creator of all things, lover of all things and the One who sacrificed His Son so that we might have that same life, be loved completely and have all we need. Lord, You speak so clearly through Jesus and Your Word that we ask for forgiveness when we are tempted by other voices. Help us to be ever mindful that You are the only One worthy of our worship and praise.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes . Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all and thank you for your continued prayers. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: