Thursday, March 15, 2012

Happy Thursday!

SPRING BREAK!! The rest of the world was on spring break last week, but TCU is on break this week. Many things to do over spring break.

Prayer: My Sovereign Lord in heaven, I come to You saddened at the thought of the times in my life when I rejected You, Your Word, Your will and Your witness. My heart breaks when I remember the times that I hid my face from you and the times I did not esteem You or show by word and deed that You are my first love. Lord, today as I go out into a world that still despises You and rejects You, give me the power and strength to stand for You and speak for You at every opportunity. Thank You for giving me another day to show my allegiance to You. Amen.”

Isaiah 53: 3 “His is despised and rejected by men, a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.”

Were you the last one picked for the kickball team when you were a kid? (I was.) Were you the last one chosen to pick a song for music class to sing, knowing by then only the crummy songs were left? (I was) As a child I was rejected by many of my peers and it wasn’t until it became known that I could sing that I found a place to fit in.

In the realm of the Kingdom of God’s love there is no rejection. We do not have to possess any great individual skill to be noticed by Jesus. Jesus understands rejection. Jesus came to be the model of God’s redeeming and gracious love and in return he was rejected and despised despite all He did to teach, heal, love and forgive by the whole human race and yet when the rejection became too intense, Jesus offered His live so that we might have life never ending and never failing. The best news of all is that Jesus will never reject us! Thank You, Lord, that you do not hold grudges from we who have rejected you and hidden our face at times when we need You most. Precious Jesus, thank You for not rejecting each of us and please completely forgive all who have rejected You. We love you so much, Lord.

Take joy in this journey of prayer. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Thank you for your prayers concerning Geni and her trip to Galveston. She arrived home safely with no further incidents.

No comments: