Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Friday!

First day of Spring Break and all is well. I spent the majority of the morning copying, collating and prepared my CPE documents for the mail. I sent applications to 4 hospitals - all four hospitals are in Dallas. I have applied to Children’s Medical, Parkland, Methodist Health and the VA Hospital. It is late in the semester to make applications to these settings and many of them will have no more space available, so I will pray God’s supreme guidance in this next stage of my education. I ask you to keep me in prayer as well. Thank you.

Tomorrow is the third team meeting for the Allred #22 Kairos Prison Ministry Weekend which will be held in April. Bruce is doing such an amazing job as leader of this team and the weekend. I will be serving as chaplain for the support team and will meet with servants who will assist in chapel planning tomorrow. Prayer from everyone is vital to the Kairos Ministry. So I ask you again to keep Bruce, the inside team, the support staff and the 42 residents who will receive God’s Holy Word and His love throughout the weekend in prayer.

Prayer: “Heavenly Father, the longer I live the more I see just how precious this thing called life really is. The passing years remind me of its brevity; good health reminds me of its quality; children remind me of its sanctity; youth reminds me of its vitality. This prized and precious possession causes me to praise You all over again that Your Son gave his life for mine. It truly is a debt of love and one I could never repay—even if I had an eternity to do so. Lord, thank You for giving Your perfect life for imperfect souls, and thank You for giving Your love to we who do not deserve it. The love You have shown me, show through me to others today. Amen.”

1 John 3:16 ”By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.”

When Jesus laid down His life for each of us He stretched out His arms to encompass each of us to say, “This is how much I love you; more than My own life.” God did not say “I love you, just read My Word.” God showed us He loved us. God did not send an angel or an ambassador, and He didn’t staff this one out. God did not send a substitute. God became our substitute and settled His love for us forever.

So here is the question for the day…” If God loves us like this, how much more should we love the family of God, our brothers and sisters in Christ? And when the world sees the extravagant love of God, will they see that love exemplified in us and believe we are his disciples?

Take joy in this amazing journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: