Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Saturday and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!

Did you wear your green today? I found a gray TCU Shirt with TCU Horned Frogs written in pink, white and green and wore it today. You know sometimes not wearing green on St. Paddy’s Day can leave you black and blue. Sad Day!

Kairos Team Meeting #3 was held today. Today we focused on our relationship with God. We were asked, “is our relationship with God only on Sunday, or on spiritual retreats or is our relationship one that is intimate and as near as our next breath?” It was a wonderful day.

Prayer: “Father, as I walk through this world and face the burdens of making a living as well as making a life, it seems as if at times the mountain gets higher, the burden gets heavier and the road gets longer. I confess that He is the Christ, the son of the living God. I face life today knowing that Your Son will guide me and guard me, and because of His presence I will overcome anything life brings to me every day. Amen.”

1 John 5: 5 “Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.”

I am a Rocky fan. You know Rocky the boxer, played by Sylvester Stallone? I am not a boxing fan, but I love the story of Rocky. In Rocky I, Rocky goes to the arena the night before the fight. In the arena, the room size pictures of Apollo are overwhelming and Rocky declares to Adrian that he cannot win. Rocky is afraid he is outmatched and cannot defeat the reigning champion. There is this wonderful line in Rocky II when the manager of Apollo Creed (Rocky’s opponent) goes over to Apollo and says, “I saw you beat that man like I never saw you beat any other…and the man kept coming after you.” Rocky works hard, changes the way he fights and, with renewed belief in himself, had to believe he could win because if he quit he would neither win nor would he ever be able to live the life he wanted to live. When Rocky wins the fight he is proclaimed to be the undisputed champion boxer of the world.

As odd as this might sound this is the reason our faith is so important to us on a daily basis. We must realize that our faith has never failed to overcome anything, including death itself. When we put our faith in the undisputed champion of love, the ultimate overcomer, then we are given power the Holy Spirit, so that we, too, become overcomers.
So my friends, let us replace our doubts, fears, the lies that Satan tells us or anything that tries to steal our joy and replace it with faith. Let us find faith in God’s Son, and allow Him to make us the overcomers we were called to be.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: