Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

Happy first day of spring!

In preparation for the Lenten dinner for Wednesday evening at Advent, I made 10 pies today! WOW!

I also heard from the VA Hospital CPE representative today. They are only looking for candidates who are applying for residencies. Residencies are yearlong internships. I can’t do that, so there are three more possibilities. Keep praying, please. Thank you.

Prayer: “Father, my time of prayer is often filled with personal desires. I pray that one of my greatest desires will be to fully enjoy the gift of the Holy Spirit. May I desire His influence over my life more than any possession, practice, or probability. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Luke 11: 13 “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

When our children were younger, at Christmas time, we attempted to give them things they needed and some of what they wanted. We know our children and I do not think we have ever disappointed them (or at least, I hope not). If we, as parents do these things for our children, can you imagine what the Father of all creation will do for all of His children? Our heavenly Father is perfect with all of His resources. He knows exactly what we need and desire. God even allowed His Son to die for me and you.

The most important gift God gave us was when the Holy Spirit remained when Jesus ascended to heaven. God gave us this gift so that God’s influence could be with us at all times. Even though we desire many earthly things (like me and Brighton Collectibles), they will pass away, but the Holy Spirit will remain with us forever. Our earthly possessions are not what are important, but being possessed by the Holy Spirit will always grant us eternal fulfillment. I know there are times it is difficult to resist the things of this world, but real satisfaction is a soul and life that is learning to enjoy the gift of the Holy Spirit. Let us pray for the desire for the influence of the Holy Spirit to daily guide our lives.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: