Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Monday!

Prayer: “Father, I need the anointing presence of the Holy Spirit to fill my life. I want to be effective for You today. Therefore, I surrender completely to Your control. Fill me, Lord! In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Luke 3: 22 “And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son, in You I am well pleased.”

How do we become effective Christians? I mean Christians who make a difference in the lives of other people. We become effective Christians when we become like Jesus. When Jesus stepped out of those waters of baptism in obedience to God, God spoke not just to Jesus, but announced His pleasure with Jesus to the crowd. Jesus was now made fit for the ministry God had set before Him. There was no turning back - now all roads lead to the cross. Jesus completely surrendered His own earthly will to God and was anointed by the power of the Holy Spirit.

When the Holy Spirit embodies itself in every part of our lives then we become powerfully anointed for the ministry of God in Christ Jesus. We act like true sons and daughters of God and the evidence of God’s presence is in our lives. The world won’t be impressed with God until the world is impressed with us as they see us living under the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

Living a life under the control of the Holy Spirit is how we please God. We no longer live for personal pleasure but to please God. This is the deepest commitment we will ever make. Let us make this commitment and be effective Christians to all we meet, demonstrating the goodness of God’s love and a life “souled” out for His glory!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Stay dry! Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: