Sunday, March 18, 2012

Blessed Sunday to you all!

As one of my favorite characters from a Patricia Polocco children’s book says, “And when we have been all churched up…” I attended three worship services today. The first one at 8:30 at Rush Creek, the next one at Advent and the third one at Camp Copass (near Denton) at a closing worship for a Via De Cristo. We have a dear friend at church who was a participant and another who served on the team. It was so nice to renew friendships and be renewed ourselves as we remembered our own participant weekends on the Walk to Emmaus and the spiritual experience we both so enjoyed.

Prayer: “Lord, fill Your temple today and glorify Yourself through everything I do. Amen”

1 Corinthians 6: 19 “Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?”

When I first read this verse I immediately thought “What a great verse for a Sunday!” But then I read the meditation about this verse. The true house of God is you and me. Those who live in relationship with Jesus and believe in His name are the saved and are the temple of God. When we enter our relationship with Christ, the Holy Spirit comes to live with us and never leaves. We may make decisions that hinder the work of the Holy Spirit, but the Spirit remains. Because the Holy Spirit lives in us we must care for the temple- our body. The commission of the temple is to glorify God in all we say and do. Everything we do and say must glorify God. When we give way to the Holy Spirit or surrender ourselves, the Spirit is in control of the temple.

There is comfort knowing the Holy Spirit is within us-within His temple. We can never go anywhere or do anything without God being with us. When we work, play, fellowship, worship and minister, we do not do any of these things on our own power because the Holy Spirit empowers us to serve. God through the crucified Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit live in us and with us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: