Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

Okay, as of today I have completed the reflection paper for Psalms, the Exegesis on Mark 2: 23—3: 1-6 and my sermon, which I have begun to practice. I have a Grief and Loss paper due on Thursday after which I deliver my sermon for my class. After that the whirlwind of everything due at one time will be over for a week or two. Yea!

Prayer: “Father, this is the day that will be filled with opportunity and challenge. Help me to share with someone today my story of how You have forgiven me. Amen!”

Isaiah 53: 12 “Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, and He shall divide the spoil with the strong, because He poured out His soul unto death and He was numbered with the transgressors, and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.”

God always has a plan. Just as God had a plan for the birth of Jesus, he also had a plan for His death. This scripture passage comes at the end of a servant poem and prophesies the death of Jesus on the Cross. Jesus came to die as the sacrifice for our sins. Jesus was counted with the transgressors even though He was innocent of any and He was charged with all of the sins of mankind. Not only did Jesus suffer and die for sinners, He became the intercessor for those same sinners. Can you imagine praying for those who despise you and are trying to kill you? But Jesus prayed for their forgiveness and for the forgiveness of all others.

How far are we able to forgive? I just know that if I find it hard to forgive someone I ask Jesus to be my intercessor and forgive the person for me and to help me to forgive them, too. No matter what, Jesus gets the victory and we are granted a share in that victory when we put our trust in Him.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: