Sunday, February 19, 2012

Happy Saturday!

I am giving notice! It is wet and cold outside!

Geni and I drove in the rain in the MOMCAR to Daddy’s house to clean out Mom’s closet. It rained all day making the trip a bit more stressful, but we arrived safely to be greeted by Daddy, Sheena and Aunt Linda. Ginger the gentle, lovable and excitable husky dog was also there. We had a great time reminiscing as we sorted through clothes, shoes and purses. There was a lot of laughter and thinking that Mom was probably looking down at us and laughing at our silliness. It was a good day.

Prayer: “Jesus, I praise You as the victorious King. Thank You, God, for giving me another day to worship You. Help me this day to demonstrate Your presence and power wherever I go. Amen.”

2 Corinthians 2: 15 “For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.”

A number of years ago by beloved Mamo died. She was my Mother’s Mom and the matriarch of our family. I am the oldest grandchild and was very close to her. I remember going into her closet where she kept clothes and smelling the fragrance of Estee Lauder Youth Dew. I loved that fragrance because it always reminded me of her and how much I loved her and how much a part of my life she always was.

After cleaning out Mom’s closet we progressed to another bedroom where I had filled a bag of perfumes and things that Mom had not opened yet. Those things were to be donated to charity if not selected by one of us. There were three unopened bottles of perfume still in the boxes. My aunt Linda opened one of the bottles and sprayed the perfume. All of a sudden it was as if Mom was present with us. We, who miss her so very much, began to heal just a little bit. Even though her physical presence was not with us, we were embraced by all of our memories of her. We were visited not just with recent memories of her death, but the joyous memories of her life, the love, the smiles, the fun and laughter were showered on each of us.

God’s Word teaches us in this verse that those who have had an encounter with Jesus give off a sweet fragrance of victory because of knowing Him. Our lives should be a pleasing fragrance of the reminder to all who know Jesus. This is the sweet fragrance of the love and grace poured out upon us and recognized by those who remember the God Who loves them so much that He chooses to remain with us forever.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and let the sweet fragrance of the love of Christ exude through you today and every day. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert: Please continue to pray for TCU. Peace, gc

No comments: