Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

I want to thank each of you who have been praying for TCU. I was back on campus today proudly wearing purple. The mood on campus seemed better today and I think the university is beginning to heal. The mayor of Fort Worth declared the city as “Purple Out Day” in support of the university and in support of going forward and healing. Today Purple Reign was the response for the day. Continue to pray. Thank you friends!

And most important…HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARME! LOVE YOU!

Prayer: “Good morning, Lord, I lift up my voice to You, for You have made me glad. You have placed a song in my heart and a spring in my step. Passion for You and life flows in my veins because of abundant life You have wrought in me. Be glorified today, Lord, in my life, and may others see Jesus in me. Amen.”

Luke 2: 10 “The the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.”

When you receive a phone call late at night what do you think? As for me, a late night phone call usually can only mean one thing: bad news. If the phone rings at night I am fearful that something has happened to someone I love. Sometimes tragic things happen. But tonight my meditation states that the worst news we could ever receive is that we have been separated from the love of God because we are sinners. If we were to ever receive terrible news like that, we would need to hear some really great news to counter it.

To be separated from God would be to live in darkness without hope. God, through Jesus, gives us news that completely overrides this bad news. This passage tells us that an angel announced to those shepherds the good news of Jesus’ birth. The angel announced this amazing news to those lowly hard working shepherds because they needed to hear the good news of God. God must have thought this news and those shepherds were worthy to receive this message so He sent His messengers to deliver this great news. The news they received was the message of salvation brought through this child. The shepherds were given the honor of receiving this news of good tidings because this message was for “all people.”

And this announcement was not a message of sad or bad news, but a message of great tidings. The heavenly host began this announcement with the words “fear not!” This was not a late night message of tragic news, but a message of great joy and jubilation.

I am doing this writing during the Channel 11 news and there is not a lot of “good news” to hear. But God’s Word is filled with the good news of His love and plan of salvation for each of our lives. We can give thanks for His message of hope, faith and salvation and listen to that message without fear and embrace this message and God with great joy!

Take great joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much and happy Shrove Tuesday! Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: