Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Monday!

Today I had to deliver a 5 minute sermon as practice for preaching class. My preaching group was made up of 5 members. We met at Brite for an unmonitored (no professors) preaching session. Each of us brought our own interpretations and styles to the session. It was really a great time spent together. Our instructions were to use “kind words” and to give positive support. It was like meeting new friends and finding out where God was in their lives.

Prayer: “Father, I praise You this morning for the gift of Your Son. I am grateful I have a Savior and I have salvation. I confess with John the Baptist that Jesus is the “Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world,” including mine. Amen.”

Matthew 1:21 “And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins.”

Every baby ever born, with the exception of Jesus, is a human baby achieving existence at the moment of conception. Jesus, while born of a human mother, was given incarnation by God. When our babies are born we do not know what their purpose in life will be. But Jesus had a purpose before His birth. According to scripture Jesus’ purpose was to “save people from their sins.” Since we are all sinners we cannot present ourselves to God as blameless and without sin or take away our own sins. But because we have received our salvation from Jesus, He can present us to God because He forgave our sins when we received our salvation through His grace. Jesus’ name means “Jehovah is salvation.” Jesus is the eternal Son of God born with the purpose of saving us from our sins.

So what is our purpose? Our purpose is to tell others what Jesus has done for us. We need to tell others about our salvation which was given out of the love of Jesus for each of us. Let us remember to give thanks for the saving grace of Jesus, His redeeming love, the forgiveness of our sins and extra thanks for the peace of God that lives in our hearts.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and wear purple tomorrow in support of the healing of TCU. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Mom passed away a month ago today. Please offer an extra prayer of comfort for our family, especially Daddy. Peace, gc

No comments: