Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy Thursday!

What a busy day. Thursday is a day that begins with class at 8:15 am and ends with a class that finishes at 5:45 pm. A long day, but today’s classes were really great and I am learning so much. Thanks for all of your continued prayers. They help so very much!

Prayer: “Sovereign God, I have no idea what this day may bring so, I cling to Your ever-sure hand. I am grateful You have promised to never leave me nor forsake me. I know You will see me through any storm that may rage against me. May I look unto You, the author and finisher of my faith. Amen.”

Matthew 14: 33 “Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.”

I love this story. The disciples are on the boat during a storm. Jesus is asleep below. The storm becomes really fierce and the disciples wake Jesus up. He calms wind and the waves and the disciples ask “What manner of man is this?” Later, as Jesus is walking across the lake, he calls Peter to himself and Peter, in his excitement, strikes out across the water on foot. Peter then remembers what he is doing and takes his eyes off Jesus and sinks into the water. Peter cries out, “Lord save me!” After Peter returns to the boat he claims Jesus’ identity, “You are truly the Son of God.”

Does it ever seem like you are going into a storm, are in the midst of a storm or are just coming out of a storm? Today a friend of mine told me she was so busy and had a limited time to complete a number of projects before she could begin another. Her saying was, “I am running around like my hair is on fire. My halo is still on, but my hair is on fire.” I have laughed all day over this statement. Wherever we are in the storms of life we need to remember that the One who used the sea as a sidewalk for Peter is the same One who will guide us through any storm in which we find ourselves.

Sometimes, the storms of life make you feel like your hair is on fire. When I find myself at some place in the process of a storm I try to remember to give the storm over to God and claim victory in Jesus’ name and ride it out. I find difficulty giving thanks for the storm, but I do believe that Jesus is there in the midst.

Satan really hates it when we give our storms over to God because then he loses power over us. But what really hacks Satan off is when we bow down and worship God during the storms of our lives. If the Word claims that Jesus was able to calm the wind and the waves then He surely calms the storms in our lives. Even if our hair is on fire, we can keep our halos on and worship Jesus in obedience claiming, “Truly, You are the Son of God.”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Keep you halo close. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Please keep praying for our friends. Peace, gc

No comments: