Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy Saturday!

I finally finished the reading on Asia! I will begin writing the paper tomorrow. Please pray for me as I write. I am a pretty good devotional writer, but my academic writing still needs a lot of work.

Prayer: “God, I ask You to help me tell someone about You today. Holy Spirit, please empty me so I can be filled with You. Guide me to someone who needs You, Lord, and give me the boldness I need to tell him or her how awesome You are. Amen”

Acts 4:31 “And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.”

What do you think of when you think of evangelism? I know I think of the loud, impassioned TV preachers who ask for money or I think of those on the street corner and scream at us and are just a bit scary.

There are so many people who need to hear the Word of God and how God has worked in our lives. There are so many people who need to hear the gospel of Christ and how it can impact their own lives. I think the best way to help others to know Christ is to walk with them daily and share with them the ways the good news of Jesus has had an impact on our lives. I also think another way we can share the gospel is to invite those who do not know Jesus to come to worship. There are many worship opportunities where jeans and t-shirts are appropriate, where there is a band and contemporary Christian music. There are worship opportunities that meet at times other than Sunday morning. There are worship styles from the very traditional to contemporary. Dolly Parton once said, “God does not care which church you go to as long as you go.” Witnessing is sharing the gospel, the good news, the love of God in the power of the Holy Spirit and leaving the results to God. Let us each try this week to tell someone about Jesus and invite them to worship with us.

Take joy in the journey. Sleep well tonight and enjoy the extra hour. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Geni returned safely from Austin, but unfortunately returned sick as a horse. Please pray for her to quickly return to health. Travis’s back is better. He went to the gym and hung upside down for a while. He is still using a heating pad, but it is doing better. Thank you for your continued prayers to each of us. We feel your loving presence around us all the time. Hugs, gc

No comments: