Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween Monday!

I think we had our last trick-or-treat visitor at about 10:00 pm tonight. It’s a good thing because we were just about out of candy.

Prayer: “Thank You, Lord. For Your living Word, Jesus Christ, and Your written Word, the Holy Bible! You are awesome, oh God, and I praise You today, for You have not left me to wander in darkness—You have given me the light of revelation in Your Word. Speak to me as I read Your Word and empower me by the light of revelation in Your Word. Speak to me as I read Your Word and empower me I pray by Your Spirit to live by Your laws and precepts. Help me to remember You throughout this day and meditate continually upon Your revealed Word. Amen.”

Psalm 119: 15, 16 “I will meditate on Your precepts, and contemplate Your ways. I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your Word.”

When I think about how much God’s Word means to me I think of when Casey was sick and the scriptural wallpaper that was created. I wanted both of us to be surrounded by God’s Word. I wanted to make his hospital room a place where God’s Holy Spirit could graciously dwell. The most wonderful thing that happened was that doctors, nurses, social workers, custodians, chaplains and so many who walked through our door would stop and read the wall of scripture. Sometimes they would take a moment and write down a verse on the wall that had meaning for them and carry it with them. Sometimes they would write down a passage that was meaningful to them and place it on the wall to share with us. I really found reason to rejoice that there were so many who would come in to spend time surrounded by the Word of God and find hope.

King David would allow God’s Word to dominate his thinking to the point that scripture names King David as a man after God’s own heart (I Sam. 14:14 and Acts 13:22) King David was not after the crown of Saul, he was after the heart of God and continually “feasted upon the Word of God. Acts 13: 26 says, “David, served his own generation by the will of God” and lived under the shelter of God’s Word, the key to victorious living. Stepping out from under that umbrella would land him in serious trouble!

Let’s try something today. (This will really scare the pants off of Satan and keep him at bay.) Read God’s Word and then, throughout the day, pray those very words back to God. Praying scripture will change our lives and draw us closer to God.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and warm socks. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: