Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

I am giving notice…Baby, it’s cold outside! Dress warm in the morning, my friends.

Prayer: Father, I love You, and I lay my life before You. Take me and use me for Your glory and Your purposes. Forgive me when I complain and do not see all the wonderful things You do for me, things I take for granted like being able to wake up today and see the beginning of another day. Give me strength to not only worship You, but to encourage Your people and to speak Your name to a lost world. Amen.”

Colossians 3: 3:16 “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms, and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.”

Years ago I attended the local community college between semesters while getting my music degree from UNT. I was taking a history class under a really wonderful teacher, Mr. Jackson. The next semester I took the other half of the history class and one day the regular teacher had to leave just before class due to an emergency. We (the class) were about to be told that the class would be cancelled for the day when we were told that Mr. Jackson would be conducting the class for the day. A friend of mine and I from the previous semester were really excited that Mr. Jackson would be leading the class. So we stayed when others left.

You know there are some people you see in the distance and you will make effort to miss them? Then there are those who, when you see them, you will make special effort to greet. Those we try to avoid may be full of complaint and it is uncomfortable to be around these folks. But those whom we will go out of our way to greet and visit with are usually those who encourage us. When you see the latter, your spirit is lifted and you feel so much better for having known them. You will look forward to the next time you see them.

How do we greet folks? Do you know someone who, when you ask, “How are you?” have never said, “just fine” because there is always some malady or crisis in their lives? Anyone can complain, but it takes special effort to be an encourager. When we let God’s Word soak deeply within our souls, God gives us the grace and wisdom to encourage others. God has done so many grand and glorious things in our life through His richest blessings that it seems we really need to share with those we meet, know and love just how God’s great love has blessed our lives.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Love you all so very much. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: