Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Time really flies…Bruce is one week away from graduating from cardiac-rehab! It is hard to believe that he had this surgery in July and it is almost time for rehab to be complete. He is totally remarkable in that his recovery has been perfect and that all seems to be well. He has begun to go back to work doing repairs that do not require heavy lifting. He is such a champion. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

FYI Travis lifted 730 pounds tonight during his training. OMG!!! Way to go!

Prayer: “Thank You, Lord that You promise to be with me no matter what comes my way. May Your Word abide in me throughout today, and please enable me to be strong and live for You. Guide my thoughts, speech and behavior. Grant to me victory over the Evil One as he tries to distract me from serving You. Amen.”

1 John 2: 14 “I have written to you, fathers, because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the wicked one.”

The entry tonight comes from my devotional book. It is the Josh Hamilton story. I could not improve on it so I am sharing it with you.

“Josh Hamilton, the all-star outfielder from the Texas Rangers professional baseball team, is a strong young man within whom the Word of God abides. Hamilton was the first player selected in the 1999 baseball draft by the Tampa Bay Rays. As an eighteen year old, he could hit the ball five hundred feet, throw the ball 96 mph, and from the outfield wall, he could hurl a baseball all the way to home plate on the fly. But while in the minor leagues he was injured, starting using drugs and his life spiraled downward for the next three years. He lost 50 pounds and did not play baseball for almost three years. He tried to kill himself 5 times and went to rehab eight times, but it was not until October 6, 2005, when everything changed.

Today Josh Hamilton is the all-star center for the Texas Rangers and led the American League in RBI’s in 2008 with 130. Hamilton said, “I was out of baseball a year-and-a-half ago. I did not have my family back, my wife was going to leave me, and I was doing drugs. People think there are coincidences in life. There are no coincidences when God’s got a plan. It’s nothing I did except try to make the right choices and let God take over from there. There’s one solid and permanent way out of it, and that’s finding the Lord Jesus Christ and accepting Him.” Written by Danny Forshee, Lavaca, AR.

Today and everyday let us make wise choices that God’s Word would stay on our minds and then come out of our mouths to those who need to hear a message of salvation. Let us ask God to be our strength and shield to overcome Satan.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a jacket. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: