Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blessed Sunday to you all!

We kept our goddaughter today. I have decided that spending the day rocking and holding a baby has to be the best free therapy on the planet. She was just perfect until her Mom and dad walked in and then she cried. But we really enjoyed having her today.

Prayer: “Heavenly Father, I realize that it is one thing to acknowledge that al I have comes from You, but it is another to realize You are a giver and that I should see to emulate You. May I learn to give rather than accumulate, so that my life mirrors You. In Christ’s name. Amen.”

Ephesians 4: 26—29 “Be angry, and do not sin. Do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil. Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.”

Scripture tells us that they (others) will know we are Christians by our love. How else are we known as Christians? How do we speak? Do we speak words of love and kindness? Do we use language appropriate to being a follower of Christ? Do we go about our daily lives as followers of Christ or do we just save the kind words and actions for Sunday morning while we are in worship?

This passage in Ephesians really calls us to the task of living and loving like Jesus. It is not always easy, but it is what we are asked to do. I am in the midst of writing a paper right now. The reading has been difficult and the writing is long. It is not something I really want to do, but it is required of me if I wish to pass my class. I am being responsible if I complete this paper and turn it in on time. If we live and love like Jesus then we will not only present ourselves as followers of Christ, but we will be acting in obedience.

As Christians we are called to help meet the needs of others. There are times that we have people placed in our path whom we can help. That help may come in the form of offering a simple word of kindness or a gift of food or money, mowing a lawn, babysitting, visiting, sending a card, showing someone else how to be a Christian or, of course, most importantly, praying. God knows the needs of His children and knows how to meet them. Sometimes He uses us to help meet the needs of others. Pray for God to use you to further His kingdom and be the vessel He uses to help others know Him more.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Please pray for me as I go in for advising in the morning for next semester that the right classes will be available and I will be able to meet the demands of the professor. Also please continue to pray for Bruce’s recovery as this is his last week of cardiac rehab. (Can you believe it!?) Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: