Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Thursday!

History paper written. History paper edited. History paper copied. History paper sent to professor. History paper done!!!! (Education paper begun.)

Prayer, “Father, thank You for Your love is changeless and Your covenant love never ends. Help me to remember that when I lose my grip, You are holding on to me. Give me the confidence to know that I will not be separated from You, because Christ’s love demonstrated on the cross cancelled all of my past and future sin. I thank You that Christ willingly came so that I can trust His holy, humble, forever love. Amen.”

Romans 8: 38, 39 “For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, not height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

This is one of those passages that bring so many believers so much comfort. It is a statement of faith that we believe as truth. It does not state that we will not be without pain, death, want or difficult times. It does say that when these times come we will never be without God! God does not cause tough times, but He does promise in His Word to be with each of us as we walk this daily journey of life. Nothing can change God’s eternal purpose or stop the divine love of God which is in Christ Jesus for any of us.

If you have children and have spent any time in the ER for whatever reason, you know that as parents we are pretty helpless during those times. What we offer to our children is the assurance that we will be with them no matter what happens. When they are getting those stitches or getting that arm set we are there for them even if it is just to hold their hand and remain with them. Scared they will be, but they are also secure in the knowledge that we are not going anywhere.

God acts as our clear assurance that no matter what, He, with all of the love He has for us, will never separate Himself from us. I like it!!!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a jacket! Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: